- A source code file can have only one public class and may have multiple non-public class
- A public class file name must match the public class name.
- A file can have only one package statement and it must be the first line in the source code.
- A file can have multiple imports.
- Import statement is applicable to all classes in the source code file
- If a class cannot be accessed, its members (methods and instance variables) cannot be accessed either.
- A subclass can inherit a member of its super-class.A subclass can only extend one parent.
- A class access determines its members' access. If a class cannot be access, its member's cannot be accessed either.
- 'this.' means currently executing object.
- Private members cannot be inherited.
Some Rules in Java:
Posted by QA-Talk Group at Tuesday, October 11, 2011